Albus is my favorite Labradoodle buddy and rumour has it he’s a bit nuts for oatmeal cookies! His mom requested I create a cookie recipe for him so here goes! Albus, I know that the human version is likely much tastier, but I hope you enjoy this healthier, more dog-friendly version too!
As I have just learned (thanks to a follower!) that coconut oil is not always collected in an ethical manner, I am posting a link here to ethically sourced coconut oil brands. My motto is “learn better, do better” so I am practicing what I preach and finding a better source once mine runs out!
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (in it's solid state)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Water
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats (I used gluten-free)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Carob Chips
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Mix coconut oil, egg, honey and water in medium bowl. Try to "cream" out oil chunks.
- Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture gradually and mix well.
- Quickly roll mixture into 1" balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently flatten cookies with a fork.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes - until cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.