Yesterday I decided to make the dogs beef stew to celebrate Kingsley’s 4th birthday! I could tell the dogs were going to love it, because they hovered around the slow cooker for hours while it simmered away! When the stew finally finished cooking, I put some aside to cool off for the dogs. And that’s when the thunderstorm rolled in.
Grizz is terrified of thunderstorms. This has been a really lousy summer for storms because they happen nearly every day, and they return with a vengeance in the middle of the night. When Grizz gets stressed like this, he won’t eat. It’s how I know he’s in one of his “zones”.
So as thunder crashed and lightning flashed through the windows, I set a bowl of this stew down on the floor for Grizz. And he ate it! All of it! Despite the lightning crashing all around him! So, I know for a fact that this stew is the bomb…
This stew makes a great topper for kibble, or you can freeze it in ice cube trays for a yummy cool treat, or feed it as a meal to occasionally mix things up a little!
- 6 Cups Stewing Beef Cubed
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes cut into 1" Cubes
- 3 Medium Potatoes cut into 1" Cubes
- 1 Cup Green Beans cut into 1" Pieces
- 6-8 Small Carrots Chopped
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker or instant pot and slightly cover with filtered water.
- Select the "stew" setting or something similar
- Cool and serve to your pup as a meal or a delicious topper